Queenstown to Glenorchy Day Trip
Travel from Queenstown to Glenorchy
45 minutes drive away along one of the world’s most spectacularly scenic roads.
The bus will pick you up at 8 am at 37 Shotover St, Queenstown and drop you in the centre of the small township of Glenorchy by 9 am. Depart for Queenstown at 3 pm.
Why not enjoy a short walk or bike ride around the rural township, which is located on the edge of Lake Wakatipu amidst snow-capped mountains.
- Return transport to Glenorchy from Queenstown
- Optional extras: bring your bike for $15pp return (bike hire not included)
Things to do in Glenorchy:
- Spend some quality time wandering around the area, take a walk on the lakefront or boardwalk and visit the local cafes and shops
- Take a boat trip across to Kinloch, an idyllic lunch spot
- Hire a bicycle; Glenorchy has quiet roads and few hills
- Go horse riding, jet boating or take a scenic tour to explore the many locations used in The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Wolverine and many more.