Queenstown to Glenorchy Day Trip
Travel from Queenstown to Glenorchy
45 minutes drive away along one of the world’s most spectacular scenic roads.
The bus will pick you up at 8am at 37 Shotover St, Queenstown and drop you in the centre of the small township of Glenorchy by 9am. Depart for Queenstown at 3pm.
Why not enjoy a short walk or bike ride around the rural township, which is located on the edge of Lake Wakatipu amidst snow-capped mountains.
- Return transport to Glenorchy from Queenstown
- Optional extras: bring your bike for $15pp return (bike hire not included)
Things to do in Glenorchy:
- Spend some quality time wandering around the area, take a walk on the lakefront or board walk, visit the cafes and shops
- Take a boat trip across to Kinloch, an idyllic lunch spot
- Hire a bicycle; Glenorchy has quite roads and few hills
- Go horse riding, jet boating or take a scenic tour to explore the many locations used in the The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Wolverine and many more.